If you’re a current subscriber, log in below. If you would like to subscribe, please click the subscribe tab above.
Username and Password Help
Crafting With Stickers, Carol Scheffler, 2004
Love the look of collage and looking for a way to incorporate it into a pretty piece for your home? Stickers are the answer! Stickers can work beautifully on surfaces you may never have considered, such as wood, ceramics, glass, and plastic. To make them more durable, seal them with a sealer appropriate to the surface you have selected.
This shabby-chic tray would be a lovely addition to any bedroom or sunroom.
Assorted decorative papers
Matte-finish decoupage medium
Decorative edged scissors
Foam brushes (2)
- Paint tray with ivory. Let dry completely.
- Using sandpaper, distress tray.
- Apply wash of diluted burnt-umber pigment. Let dry completely.
- Using sandpaper, gentry distress papers and stickers.
- Cut papers into desired shapes.
- Adhere papers onto tray with decoupage medium. Let dry for 20 minutes.
- Apply stickers onto tray as desired.
- Seal entire tray with decoupage medium. Let dry for 20 minutes and repeat. Let project cure for four weeks before using.
For additional protection against moisture and water spots, apply a coating of furniture wax.