If you’re a current subscriber, log in below. If you would like to subscribe, please click the subscribe tab above.
Username and Password Help
Please enter your email and we will send your username and password to you.
Firefighters from the La Salle Fire Rescue finish extinguishing a blaze in the 1000 block of Martinez Street on the east side of Cotulla on Tuesday morning, December 5, after being dispatched in response to an apparent blaze in an RV camping trainer that had been parked in front of a residence. Although the trailer has been in use, it was not occupied at the time of the fire. Preliminary reports from emergency responders indicated that the blaze would be examined by La Salle County Fire Marshal William Butterfield, since the possible causes could not be determined and in order to rule out arson. The fire marshal returned a report early in the afternoon confirming that the fire was the result of an accident involving a lit candle being left unattended and tipping over. The La Salle Fire Rescue is cautioning area residents of fire and safety hazards associated with the holiday season, including faulty electrical wiring, open flames and heaters, heavy road traffic and inclement weather.